The UVic-UCC is a Young, highly dynamic university in central Catalonia which is particularly committed to high-quality teaching and innovative research. The Research Group in Bioinformatics and Medical Statistics (BEM), associated to the Systems Biology Department of the University of Vic, is a consolidated group recognized by the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, ref. 2014SGR-596). It is an interdisciplinary group that includes life sciences, statistics and bioinformatics in a Systems Biology framework, with special emphasis on the study of the genetic basis of complex diseases.
The selected candidate will join the Research Group in Bioinformatics and Medical Statistics (BEM), with a Pre-doctoral scholarship for the development of novel computationals tools to understand drugs' adverse or side effect using network biology. The PhD will be co-supervised between Dr Fernandez from University of Vic and a industry partner: Prous Research in Barcelona. The candidate Will be also required to undertake limlted teaching duties as part of the PhD traning.
- Degree in Bioinformatics, Biology, Biomedicine
- Academic CV higher than 2 (out of 4)
- Advanced English (both wrltten and spoken).
- Abllity to report data, both orally and wrltten, collaborate in a multidisciplinary project involving researchers from a company partner
- Interest in the development of computational tools with application on Biomedicine
- Experience or a clear interest in Bioinformatics as research field
- Experience in computer programming (any language)
- Full curriculum vitae in AQU or ANECA format
- Abridged curriculum vitae (a single page in any format)
- Affidavit of the accuracy of curriculum vitae details and, if necessary, other supporting documents
- Letter of motivation
- Research staff to support the Ramón y Cajal project RYC-2015-17519, cofinanced by the Subprograma Ramón y Cajal del Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad and the European Social Fund
- Full time contract; Teaching Assistant
- Term contract (July 2018-June 2020)
- Gross annual salary: 17.150,70€
© Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya | Àrea de Gestió del Talent | 938 815 515